- Bilong bilong Fish (Hiwas or Chabita, Sapatiro in other native language)
- dried kamyas
- Tamarind roots or Sinigang mix
- Pork fat & skin
- Banana Leaves
- Prepare your fish first, make sure the fish is cleaned well and salted.
- For the tulingan (fish) , you have to slice the bottom of the fish in order to flatten the fish a bit.
- In a deep pan, put little oil and fry up the pork fat and skin until soft enough, then remove pork
- Fry the fish slightly before adding the water (btw, pour just enough water to keep the fish halfway submerged) and simmer for one hour.
- In a bowl, pre-soak the kamias in water before finally adding to the cooked fish
- After 1 hour cooking, add the Tamarind roots, or the Sinigang Mix, the kamias, and the fried pork to the fish, then simmer for another 5 minutes on low heat
- Serve the fish wrapped in banana leaves, or fry the fish until golden brown along with the kamias.
Credits to: lutongsarisari.blogspot.com