- 3/4 kilo deboned bangus, chopped into squares
- 1 cup coconut vinegar, plus additional for pouring
- 4-5 cloves garlic, very, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion, very, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings and soaked in ice water for 20 minutes
- 3-4 calamansi
- Pinch of sugar
- Siling labuyo (optional)
- Finely ground black pepper
- Marinate bangus in coconut vinegar for 15 minutes. This will further remove smaller bones from the bangus that may have been left behind after initial deboning.
- Strain the bangus and press with fork until fish is dry. Arrange fish on a plate and mix in garlic, ginger and the finely chopped onion. Squeeze calamansi on top of bangus and let stand for five minutes.
- Pour additional coconut vinegar if desired. Add sugar and siling labuyo. Sprinkle with black pepper. Top with sliced onion rings.
Credits to: kusina101.com