- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 cup / 120 grams
- Sugar – 3/4 cup / 150 grams
- Unsalted Butter – 150 grams Soft
- Eggs – 3
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup / 55 grams
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Whipped Cream as needed (RECIPE HERE)
- Cherries – 1 cup chopped + few whole for topping
- Syrup that comes with cherry as needed for soaking cake
- Chocolate Curls and Shaving as needed
- Preheat oven to 170 Degree C.
- First prepare the cake tins by applying butter on the bottom and sides and dusting some flour on the tin and remove the excess.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Take butter in a bowl, add in sugar and vanilla. Use a beater to whip this till fluffy. Add in eggs and whip again till fluffy.
- Now add in the sifted dry ingredients and fold gently.
- Tip this in the tins and place this in the oven.Bake for 25 mins.Check the cake by inserting a knife in it,if the knife comes out clean then the cake is ready.Remove the cake from the oven and let the cake cool for 15 min.
- Now invert the cake from tine and set aside to cool down.
- Now drain the cherries from tin and reserve the juice in which they are packed. Remove the seeds from the cherries and break them into small pieces.
- Whip the icing ingredients together until peak stage is formed.(ie)if you take the beater out,it forms a peak without folding over.
- Now Take a plate, place a cake over it, cover the sides with parchment paper. Now brush the cake with the juice generously. Now
- Take this whipping cream and apply between each slice and add a generous layer of chopped cherries and cover the entire cake with icing..
- Decorate the cake with cherries,chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shards.
- Chill the cake for 3 to 4 hours or over night in the refrigerator.Slice and Enjoy..
Credits to: recipesoftastydishes.wordpress.com