“Do you know that the sweet-tasting “biscocho” of Biscocho Haus is a favorite pasalubong not only of Ilonggos but also of those who travel to Iloilo? The business was founded by Dr. Carlos Guadarrama and wife Therese Guadarrama in 1975.
This crunchy hard pastry is twice – baked, and is usually topped with sugar, butter, or garlic. Biscocho also goes well with a lot of beverages, especially coffee or hot chocolate.”
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven at 350F. Prepare a 13×9in rectangular pan.
- In a bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder.
- Beat the eggs in high speed until it thickens. ( You can use electric mixer, if you have.)
- Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until thick.
- Fold in the flour mixture and melted butter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 -25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool then cut into bars.
Credits to: lutongpinoy.info