Paksiw is a Filipino style of cooking, whose name means “to cook and simmer in vinegar”. Common dishes bearing the term, however, can vary substantially depending on what is being cooked. Paksiw na isda is fish poached in a vinegar broth usually seasoned with fish sauce and spiced with siling mahaba and possibly containing vegetables. –source: wikipedia
Here is how to cook Paksi na Hito
- 4-6 slices hito (catfish), cleaned
- 1 medium ginger root, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Long chili peppers (Siling Haba)
- Red chili peppers (Labuyo)
- 2 tsp salt
- Wrap each slice of catfish in banana leaves.
- Arrange all the ingredients in a wok.
- Simmer for over medium fire until the catish is cooked. (around 10-15 mins)
- Remove the wrapped catfish from the soup.
Serve and enjoy! =)
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Sarap-Rasa-Pinas