- 1kg icing sugar
- 500g corn flour
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 cup of glucose syrup
- 1 tbsp glycerin
- 1 tbsp veg shortening(optional, veg shortening makes the fondant shine you can use
- butter or veg oil or none),
- 1 tbsp flavouring(optional),
- 1 tbsp CMC
- Sift your icing sugar in a bowl, add CMC stir and make a well in the center and set aside.
- Pour water into a saucepan and sprinkle gelatin on top to soak and soften for 5mins.
- Heat up saucepan and stir till the gelatin is clear and completely dissolved, do not boil. Turn off the heat.
- Add glycerin and glucose syrup into d gelatin and stir well till well blended add flavour(optional)
- Pour the mixture into d well on yu icing sugar and mix
- Dust your work table with corn flour and pour the mixture on it, rub veg shortening or butter on your hand and knead the mixture till stiff. If it’s too light add more icing sugar, if it’s too hard add some water or butter. You can wrap and keep it in an airtight container for future use or use it immediately (don’t refrigerate else you are gonna hate your fondant)
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Cakes-and-Bakes-744170612354745