- 1 ½ tbsp red chillies, de-seeded (option to lessen depending on desired spice level)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients except for cooking oil in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. As an alternative, you may also pound the ingredients together using mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil over low heat heat and cook for 3 minutes. Yield should be around 3 tbsp.
COOKING SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP
- 1 tbsp butter (for searing of shrimps)
- ¼ kg shrimps, shelled and deveined
- Shrimp broth: boil shrimp heads and shells in ¼ cup water; strain and set aside
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp wansoy, finely chopped
- 1 tsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chili garlic mixture (above)
- 1 sachet Oyster Sauce 30g
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- Sear shrimps in butter turning each side once color changes. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic, wansoy and spring onions in butter.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chili garlic, shrimp broth and Oyster Sauce. Mix well and stir this into the garlic wansoy mixture.
- Add the shrimps. Mix well and serve hot.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/MamaSitasPH