Pinais fish/meat/seafood roasted and wrapped in leaves; steamed fish/meat/seafood wrapped in leaves.
- ½ kilo medium-sized shrimps, remove the head, shell, devein and leave the tails
- 2 cups buko, grated
- 2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 3-6 pcs wilted banana leaves
- 2 cups buko water
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 3 tbsps sugar
- Combine the grated buko, salt and pepper, half of the coconut cream in a bowl.
- Place a portion of the buko mixture into a banana leaf.
- Top with two to three pieces of shrimp.
- Carefully wrap the mixture with banana leaf, secure with toothpick.
- Place the wrapped mixture in the buko water to boil, add shrimp heads to the broth.
- Boil the broth and let it reduce.
- Unwrap and serve.
Credits to: gmanetwork.com; panlasangpinoyrecipes.com