- 3-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon annatto powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup liver, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red or green red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, dissolve annatto powder in ¼ cup water. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until limp and aromatic. Add pork and cook until lightly browned. Add fish sauce and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook, mashing occasionally with back of spoon, until softened and releases liquid. Add the remaining 3 cups water and the annatto water and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, garbanzos and raisins. Continue to simmer for around 4 to 5 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add liver and bell peppers and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until liver is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Credits to: kawalingpinoy.com