- 10 raw eggs, separate yolks from white
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tbsp confectioner sugar
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 pc purple sweet potato (boiled and mashed)
- you may need food coloring red and blue (3 drops each)
To prepare custard:
- In a saucepan using low heat settings, whisk egg yolks then add condensed milk, vanilla extract and mashed sweet purple potato.
- cool down and set aside.
- if you are not satisfied with the color, you can drop red and blue at 3 drops each.
To prepare meringue:
- In a mixing bowl, pour in egg white and cream of tartar and mix using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- add in caster sugar in small quantities and whisk.
- To add color (optional), you can drop red and blue at 3 drops each.
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees celsius.
- In a cookie pan, spray oil and place baking paper, spread meringue using a spatula evenly.
- You can use fork to create lines and designs.
- Bake for at least 10 minutes or until lightly brown. cool down and set aside and dust with sugar confectioner.
- Use a parchment paper as a liner and flip over the meringue and spread custard evenly.
- Again, dust it with sugar confectioner
- Then slowly roll over the cake by rolling the liner underneath to form a log roll.
- Be gentle and slowly roll the parchment paper. dust it with confectioners sugar.
- Place in fridge for minimum of two-hour.
Credits to: masarapdin.wordpress.com