- 3 lbs. pork or ham hock (pata), sliced crosswise
- 1 can pineapple slice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pack (1 oz.) dried banana blossoms, washed and soaked in water
- 4 to 6 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 piece beef cube (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Pour 6 cups water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the pork hocks. Continue to boil for 30 minutes. Discard the water used for boiling and then place the boiled pork hock in a plate. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a clean cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, sauté the garlic until it turns light brown.
- Put the boiled pork hock in the cooking pot. Stir and then add soy sauce, pineapple slice including the juice, remaining 2 cups water, bay leaves, and peppercorn. Let boil. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the banana blossom, beef cube and brown sugar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar. Let the liquid reboil and then stir.
- Continue to cook until the pork becomes tender. The sauce should be reduced at this point.
- Note that you may add more water if you need extra time to tenderize the pork. Add salt to taste. Transfer to a serving plate.
Serve, Share and enjoy!
Serving size: 5
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com