- 7 skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil for frying
Mama’s Guide Instructions
- Place chicken strips into a large ziploc or resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture into bag with chicken.
- Seal, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- In another resealable plastic bag, mix flour, breadcrumbs, salt and baking powder.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and drain.
- Place chicken in flour mixture bag.
- Seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Place coated chicken in hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Serve with tartar sauce!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well.
- Whisk in the sweet pickle relish and onion.
- Add salt and pepper and then continue whisking until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover and then chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Serve and enjoy!