- 1 lb linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 5 cloves of garlic- sliced
- 1 pinch dry chili flakes (optional)
- 20 large shrimp, about 1 pound, peeled and deveined, tail on
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon- squeezed the juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Olive oil
- For the pasta, cook as per direction but not until the pasta done. Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.Sauté the shallots, garlic, and dry chili flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and water, bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta and reserved pasta water.
- Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
Credits to: foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/shrimp-scampi-with-linguini-recipe.mobile.html