- 2 kilos pork belly slab
- 3 stalks lemongrass, trimmed, pounded, and chopped roughly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- seasoned vinegar
Combine lemongrass, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a large mortar and pestle; grind to a paste.
- Spread the mixture on top of the pork until it gets absorbed into the meat, prick it if you need too.
- Stuff the herb mixture into the middle, inside the fat and meat. Roll and tie with kitchen twine. Marinate for 30 minutes or more to absorbed well.
- Arrange pork in a pot, skin side up, and cover with enough water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove pork from pot. Transfer to a rack and let meat dry.
- Deep-fry pork in preheated oil until golden and crisp. Alternatively, you can roast the pork in a preheated 350°F oven or grill over medium hot coals until golden brown. Serve with seasoned vinegar and stir-fried kangkong, if desired.
Credits to: yummy.ph/recipe/liempo-de-balamban-herb-stuffed-pork-belly