- 3 cups bread flour
- 1- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pouch rapid rise yeast
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cups evaporated milk or fresh milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- extra flour for kneading
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
* combine filling ingredients together
How to bake Spanish Bread using Manual / Traditional method:
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (110-115 degrees F).
- Stir to dissolve and let stand for 5-10 minutes until bubbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks and salt.
- Blend well then add the yeast mixture.
- Add flour to make a moderate stiff dough.
Check the consistency of the dough before putting all the remaining flour. (use of flour depends on the type of flour, milk and the size of the eggs). Dough should be moderate to stiff and elastic.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth & elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for at least an hour.
- After rising, transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Use a dough slicer to divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part until it forms into a log. Cut each log into equal pieces.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin until it stretches into a triangular shape.
- Spread some filling then roll up.
- Cover the dough with bread crumbs and place on lightly greased baking sheet or tray with the end at the bottom.
- Cover the tray with a damp cloth and let it rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serve hot. Enjoy!
Credits to: pinoycookingrecipes.com/spanish-bread.html