Makes 24 cubes
- 2⅔ cups (227g) dried unsweetened grated coconut
- ½ cup (110g) sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- ½ cup (4 oz/160g) condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 to 10 drops natural food coloring
- Grease a 7-in x 5-in (18cm x 13cm) pan or rectangular container.
Melt butter in a non-stick pan on low heat. Add coconut, sugar, milk, condensed milk, vanilla essence, and food coloring. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and coconut clumps together, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to prepared container. Level the surface with a spatula. Press down firmly with wax paper or plastic wrap. Set candy aside to cool.
After about 30 minutes, cut into cubes with a well greased knife. Allow candy to cool and set overnight.
- Remove cubes from pan and store in an air-tight jar.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Credits to: rotinrice.com/2010/01/coconut-candy