- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 packet active dry yeast, 2 1/4 tsp (11ml)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- To make the crust, in a small bowl or glass, add 1 teaspoon sugar to a warm water.
- Stir in yeast and let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the yeast to proof.
- When yeast is ready put mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, salt, remaining sugar, oil, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- When dough forms, place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead gently with oiled hands until smooth. (I knead for 5 min)
- Press the dough into a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan. Be sure to keep your hands oiled with olive oil to soften the dough and make it easier to press out.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm location for 30 minutes. ( i did 10 min.)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Spread pizza sauce over pizza dough.
- Top with cheese and toppings (pineapple & ham)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the crust in the center of the pizza is fluffy and fully cooked.
Slice and serve!
- You can totally get away with letting the dough rest for only 5-10 minutes, but if you like a bit of a fluffier crust, rest the dough for 30 minutes.
Credits to: divascancook.com/quick-homemade-pizza-crust-sauce-recipe