- 1 Pina Ham, about 1 to 1 1/2 kilos (Any brand)
- 1 small can pineapple slices in syrup
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup honey
- whole cloves
- To form a diamond pattern, score and cut slit the fat of the ball ham. Combine the liquid drippings from the ham, the pineapple juice and the syrup from the sliced pineapple in a saucepan, bring to a boil over.
- Carefully place the ham in the sauce pan then try to place the pineapple slices over the ham.
- Bring to a boil and simmer at low to medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooked ham and pineapple slices from the pan, keep aside. Continue to simmer the remaining liquid until the glaze start to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Brush some glaze over ham. Pin a single clove stem on the center of each diamond slit of the ham fat then place the ham in a roasting pan.
- Put the ham in the middle of an oven preheated to 200ᵒ C, bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, brushing with the pineapple honey glaze every a couple of times until ham fats start to caramelize.
- When done remove from oven and place in a platter with the cooked sliced pineapple, pour over the remaining glaze and serve. Enjoy!
Credits to: overseaspinoycooking.com/2015/12/pinoy-pineapple-honey-glazed-ham.html