- 1 kilo pork belly, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups Pinoy sweet ham, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 kilo pork liver, cut into small cubes, rinse with water, drained
- 1 medium size Spanish chorizo, cut into small cubes or slices, reserve lard
- 2 medium size red/green bell pepper, trimmed, de-seeded, cut into squares
- 2 medium size potato, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1 large size carrot, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas, pre-cooked
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, pre-cooked
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 3-5 pcs. bay leaf
- 1 tbsp cracked peppercorns
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- cooking oil
- In a medium size sauce pan sauté garlic, onion and Spanish chorizo, including the lard until fragrant, add in the pork and stir cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the fish sauce, soy sauce, tomato sauce, paprika, peppercorns and bay leaf stir cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of water bring to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pork are tender.
- Add in the, ham, potatoes and carrots and stir cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in pork liver, sugar and raisins continue to stir cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the potatoes and liver are cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in the green peas chickpeas and bell pepper and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, correct saltines if required.
- Continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the liquid has turned into an oily sauce.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Credits to overseaspinoycooking.com