- 1/2 kilo pork tenderloin or belly cut into cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 star anise (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 plantain bananas cut in bite size, fried
- 1/2 cup soy sauce for marinating
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp brown sugar
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- enough water to cover the meat
- Marinate pork with soy sauce and black pepper for at least 1 hour (overnight is preferred.)
Slice plantain bananas into half or bite size and fry until all sides are light brown. Do not over fried. Set aside.
- After marinating, sear the pork in a hot pan until all sides are brown. Remove the oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a new cooking oil. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant.
Pour in soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, bay leaves, star anise, and water enough to cover the meat. Bring to boil and simmer over low heat until the pork is tender.
- Put the fried pork back and stir for a few minutes.
- When pork is tender, add the fried plantain bananas. Simmer for few minutes until and add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
Credits to: cooknshare.com