- 2 kilos Pork Pata
- Unripe Jackfruit, large chunks/cubes, just proportion it with the pata
- 1 tbsp Atsuete powder
- 6 pcs Batwan or any souring fruit or broth
- 2pcs Siling pangsigang (Long chili pepper)
- Water for boiling
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- Wash and clean pata. In a large pot, place pata, salt and enough water then boil until tender. It may take 45 minutes to an hour for regular boiling and less time when pressured cooked.
- When tender, add jackfruit and boil until the langka becomes tender too. Make sure the langka is tender before adding souring ingredients.
- Add batwan and boil it under the broth becomes sour enough according to your taste.
- Add achuete powder and mix thoroughly, You can add more to get the desired hue of the broth.
- Add siling pangsigang and make adjustments (souring, saltiness, color, etc) and remove from heat
Serve with rice. Enjoy!