- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon almond essence
- Mango Buttercream
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mango purée**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, whipping until smooth. Add the almond essence and mix again briefly.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together and slowly add to the wet mixture while whipping on a low speed until thoroughly mixed. Finally add the milk and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
- For the buttercream frosting, in another mixing bowl, whip the butter until fluffy then add the confectioners’ sugar. Scrape down the sides and whip the butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed. Slowly add the milk and continue whipping for a few more seconds. Finally add the fresh mango purée and mix on high speed for a couple of minutes until well incorporated. When adding the mango, you may initially notice a slight separation or curdling of the buttercream. Just keep whipping on high speed for a few minutes and the buttercream will come together again.
Serve the cake slices with the mango buttercream on top.
Credits to: asian-fusion.com/474/almond-cake-with-mango-buttercream-frosting