You can fry these tofu even without the other spices, if it’s not readily available in your pantry supply. It will still be crunchy and delicious!
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, pressed or tokwa
- ½ cup flour or cornstarch
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp onion powder (optional)
- ½ tsp paprika (optional)
- dried basil (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tokwa into 2-3 inches cube.
- Place flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika seasoned with salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- And beat your egg in another bowl.
- Roll each tokwa cubes in each bowl by following this order: flour, egg then bread crumbs.
- Fry it in oil until golden brown.
Serve it your favorite banana ketchup. Enjoy!
By: Mama’s Guide