Make about 12 cupcakes
For Cream Cheese frosting
Make it ahead and store in fridge.
- 200 gr cream cheese, room temperature
- 150 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
- 265 gr confectioner (icing) sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
How to make cream cheese:
- Cream the butter and cream cheese, whisk in icing sugar gradually-lower your mixer otherwise you will blow the icing sugar on your face! ^,^ Continue beat the cream cheese mixture until well combine and get creamy texture. Whisk in vanilla if used.
- Keep in fridge until ready to use (at least 2 hours)
- 4 medium eggs
- 250 gr caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 130 gr all purpose flour
- 12 gr natural cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp red food color ( I use liquid one)
- 100 gr butter
- 160 gr white cooking chocolate (WCC)
- Prepare your steamer pan over medium heat to produce enough steam. Sift and whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. set aside. Melted butter and WCC together. You can use double boil or directly over very low heat. Set aside to room temperature.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale about 10 minutes. Add vanilla essence and continue mixing. Turn off your mixer. Fold in flour mixture alternately with butter+WCC mixture and food coloring. Fold carefully to combine.
- Pour evenly into cupcake mold lie with cupcake paper. Fill it almost full, but not totally full. Steam over medium heat about 15 to 18 minutes. Test with skewer to check when the cake is done.
- Let the cupcake completely cool before frosting with cream cheese.
Credits to: myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com.tr/2015/02/red-velvet-steamed-cupcakes-with-cream.html?m=1