- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup butter, cut and softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Mango Extract
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F/176.6 C
- Line muffin tins with cupcake paper liners or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, graham cracker crumbs & baking powder together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after adding each egg.
- Add the Vanilla, Mango Extract and Milk.
- Add the flour alternately with the butter, egg and milk mixture until well incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick/cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 1-2 minutes, then carefully remove the cupcake from the pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Time to prepare the frosting.
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of fresh mango, scraped with a melon scraper
- Combine the milk and flour in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk to dissolve the flour in the milk. While whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a boil and continue cooking until it becomes thick and bubbly. Cook it long enough so that the batter will not become watery.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap touching its surface to prevent a skin from forming while it cools.
- In another bowl, beat the butter using your whisk until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until well incorporated.
- Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to get all the sugar incorporated in the mixture. Beat for another minute. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Drop the cooled flour & milk mixture by tablespoon and continue beating the mixture until well incorporated. Fold in the scraped fresh mango into the frosting.
- Frost your cupcake anyway you like, I personally am lazy when it comes to frosting so I just used an Ice Cream scooper to put frosting in my cupcake:). Who doesn’t like to much frosting anyway.. Dust off with crushed grahams on top and a fresh mango cube.
- You can place the milk and flour mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes to make the cooling process faster.
- Add scraped mangoes in the Graham Cupcake mixture for a more “Mangoer” flavor.
Credits to: bakedbymaikko.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/mango-float-cupcake