Amazing shortcut to your bake lasagna. No bake lasagna and no need for oven. Easy to cook and your kids will absolutely love!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or half Italian sausage)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 oz.) jar Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 8-10 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)**
- Cheese Garnish
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Heat large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add Prego Sauce, 6 cups chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices and lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Discard bay leaf and stir in heavy cream (optional) and 2-4 cups chicken broth to reach desired consistency. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses.
Credits to: carlsbadcravings.com/easy-one-pot-lasagna-soup