- 3 1/2 pounds Well-trimmed Boneless Beef (preferably stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 large Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 2 large Onions, Chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Crushed Red pepper
- 1 thick bunch Lemon Grass
- Mix salt, curry powder, paprika, and cinnamon powder together.
- Pour lemon juice and spread spice mixture over meat pieces. Mix well.
- Using a large, thick-bottomed pan, sauté onions in olive oil until onions are soft and transparent. Next, sauté meat until caramelized. If necessary, do this a few pieces at a time, keeping heat at medium high.
- When all the pieces are caramelized, put everything back into the pan, and bring heat down to medium low. Cover pan and allow the meat’s juices to come out. This should take around 15 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and ½ cup of water. Add bay leaf and continue cooking till bubbly (about 40 to 45 minutes).
- Add the coconut milk and the lemon grass. Continue cooking for an hour or until meat is fork tender. Remove lemongrass, ladle onto casserole, and serve hot.
Credits to: diywik.com/w/index.php/Cook_Tausug_Beef_Kulma_(Beef_in_Coconut_Curry)