Made from mashed boiled sweet potatoes, ground pili nuts, egg, coconut milk and vanilla.
- 2 cups mashed kamote (sweet potato) : about 5 medium kamote
- 2 cups refined sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup pounded pili
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the mashed kamote with other ingredients, and cook in a carajay over low.
- heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, until the consistency is thick.
- Remove from the fire and flatten with a rolling pin on a greased board to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired sizes and shapes. Cool, and store in a glass jar.
Credits to: filveggie.com/native_delicacies/taldis.php