- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mashed ube (purple yam)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or add more
- 1 1/2 cup cassava powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or plain harina (flour)
Tips: If using tapioca starch: use 1 cup tapioca starch instead of 1 1/2 cup
and 1 cup of cornstarch.
- Dilute 1/2 to 1 cup cup brown sugar to 1 cup water and set aside.
Note: Don’t use white sugar, otherwise it will tuen out like pichi pichi in taste.
For the ube purple yam:
- Combine ube 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup fresh mashed ube and 1/2 cup water to make 1 cup ube (purple yam)
- You can use blender to have finer ube or use strainer. Set aside.
Tips: The more ube you use, the darker hue of ube kutsinta you will get. And less ube will result in light purple ube.
- In another bowl, mix 1 1/2 cup of cassava powder into (B) diluted brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of cornstarch and mix well.
- Combine B and C in one bowl and mix until well combined.
- But do not overmix.
- Prepare your steamer.
- Pour the combined mixture into molds and cook for 30 minutes or adjust time as needed.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated coconut before serving.
Credits to: luweehskitchentokyo.blogspot.com