- 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ loaf pans.
- Do not use a mixer with this recipe.
- Use a spoon or spatula and stir by hand.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, beaten eggs, and coconut extract; mix well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture and stir only until moist.
Stir in shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into the two prepared loaf pans, place on middle rack and bake for 1 hour
Credits to: samplestorm.com/helpfulhint.iphtml?helpid=66662