- 2 Cups glutinous rice flour or ground malagkit rice
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Teaspoon Pandan flavor or 4 medium sized pandan leaves (optional)
- 2 Cups grated coconut
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds or 1/8 cup Chia seeds, toasted
- Boil water in a pot. Drop a teaspoon of pandan flavor or fresh leaves.
- Put rice flour in a mixing bowl. Slowly add water until reaching the desired consistency.
NOTE: The dough should hold together and separate cleanly from the bowl.
- Pinch off about 2 tablespoons (of dough) and form it into a ball between the palms.
- Flatten to form a patty (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and about 1 inch thick).
- Poach the flattened dough into the pot of briskly boiling water.
- Boil until they rise and float to the top, usually 1 to 3 minutes or longer, depending on the size of the ball shaped dough.
- Scoop them out with a wire mesh skimmer and drain.
- Roll the rice patties in coconut. Serve it on a plate with mixed Chia or sesame seeds and sugar.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Sarap-Rasa-Pinas