Puto Lanson or Aripahol is a native delicacy made of kamoteng kahoy (cassava) or balinghoy in Ilonggo. It is a very popular afternoon treat in the Western Visayas region. Puto Lanson is best eaten while still warm and with margarine or butter. How many likes for this?
for 4 servings
- 4 cups grated cassava
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar or muscovado
- By using a cheesecloth squeeze the juice out of the grated cassava, until totally removed.
- Combine the cassava and 5 tablespoons sugar, then mix well.
- Prepare the molders, you use an empty can of tuna. and make holes so the steam can pass through..Put 3/4 full because this is so thick if you will make it full.
- Sprinkle the molders with brown sugar or muscovado then put the cassava mixture and steam for 20 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot with margarine and grated coconut grin emoticon.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Sarap-Rasa-Pinas