- 1.2-1.5 kilo pork legs (pata front)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 pcs. star anise
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine
- 1 tsp. black peppercorn
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup slurry
- 5 pcs. baby bok choy, blanched
- 10 shiitake mushroom
- Place the pata in a casserole with 6 cups of water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, peppercorns and bring to a boil.
- Add the star anise and sesame oil, simmer for an hour, or until pork is tender.
- Remove the pork and set aside, then add slurry to the pot. Let it simmer until sauce is glossy and thickened.
- Blanch the bok choy in boiling water seasoned with salt.
- To serve, place the pork in the middle of a serving dish then serve with blanched bok choy and lastly pour the sauce over the pork and vegetables.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice or steamed buns.
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com