- 1/2 kg sweet potato, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- some cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- Sprinkle sliced camote with cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in pan then add sweet potatoes.
- Deep fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sugar and wait until it caramelizes, Once the sugar melts give it a good mix so that the sweet potato pieces will be coated with the melted sugar.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove sweet potato pieces, cool in a wire rack then serve.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/asensonijuan