- 500 grams beef, cut into chunks
- 1 can (85 grams)liver spread
- 1 large onions, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 250 grams tomato sauce
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 2 red and green bell peppers, diced
- 1 small can snow peas, drained
- 6 cups water or beef stock
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated or cubed(optional)
- In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
- Add beef, continue sauteing for 5 minutes.
- Add water and simmer for at least 1-2 hour or until beef is tender. Add water if necessary.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, bay leaves, salt and ground pepper then simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, snow peas and chili. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Add liver spread and cheese and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com