- 3 egg yolks
- ½ can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
- 2 cups of glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Grated coconut
- Make yema first. Mix egg yolks, vanilla extract, and condensed milk in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes creamy in color.
- Stop cooking and set aside until it cools down. Proceed to making palitaw.
- Make your dough by combining glutinous rice flour and water.
- Scoop a tablespoon or 2 tablespoons of the dough. Mold it into a ball before flattening it using your hands.
- Get a small scoop of yema and put it in the middle of the flattened dough.
- Enclose yema by wrapping the dough around it to form a ball.
- Boil some water in a cooking pit. Slowly put the dough pieces into it.
- Scoop out each dough as it floats. Set aside to allow water to properly drip.
- Roll each cooked dough into grated coconut with sugar and sesame seeds. Serve or sell.
Credits to: J. Taglialavore; m.facebook.com/josephine.s.nunez