- 1 1/2- 2 lbs beef sirloin (thinly sliced)
- 1 big onion (cut into rings)
- cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice or 3 tbsp lemon juice
- In a pan or wok, marinate meat in soy sauce & 2 tbsp calamansi or lemon juice for at least an hour.
- Add water to the meat marinade. Make sure all of the meat are flat or straighten out. (if not it will curl and will be hard to fry later).
- Bring the meat to a boil removing scum as it gathers and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the pan. (Reserve the liquid from the wok where you boiled the meat).
- Pan fry all the meat & onion rings.
- Simmer the fried meat with the reserved liquid for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the onion rings. Add more calamansi or lemon juice as needed.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
Credits to: familyoven.com