How to Make Ginger Tea
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Coconut milk, to taste
- Raw organic honey, to taste
- Bring water to boil. Add ginger and turmeric, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk and strain tea into a cup. Add honey to taste!
Ginger is a superfood. It possesses an amazing ability to enhance immunity, improve digestion and reduce inflammation.
Ginger contains several essential oils that make up its distinct aroma and flavor: zingerone, shogaols, & gingerols. These oils are powerful anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic agents. Ginger root promotes healthy digestion, boosts immunity, treats asthma, aids in cardiovascular health, relieves pain and much more.
Ginger Tea Benefits:
- Ginger is a very effective remedy for headaches, flu, common cold and even sore muscles.
- Due to ginger’s unique substances, it is able to naturally stop pain (preventing prostaglandins from setting off an inflammatory response in the body).
- Regular consumption of ginger tea strengthens the immune system. It contains great amounts of antioxidants that boosts immunity and helps fight off infections.
- Just one cup of tea a day will minimize your chances of stroke, as ginger helps break down fat deposits that block arteries.
- Due to the warming properties of ginger, it improves your blood circulation. Increased blood flow will improve the delivery of vitamins, minerals and oxygen to your body’s cells… aiding in overall health.
- Ginger tea helps destroy the virus’ that cause common colds, cold sores, and influenza.
Credits to: livingtraditionally.com