- 3 large skinless chicken breasts, de-boned
- 10 pcs. sliced sweet ham, each slice divided into 4 strips
- 1 block quickmelt cheese, sliced into 1/4″ strips (alternative: mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese)
- white pepper powder
- lumpia, spring roll wrappers, about 40 pcs.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
Preparing the chicken:
- Slice chicken breast into thin slices.
- Place chicken slice in between waxed kitchen paper and using a kitchen mullet pound the chicken slices to make it thinner.
- Cut the chicken slices to about 2” X 4”sheets, keep aside.
- In a large plate place one piece of lumpia wrapper.
- Place on top 1 sheet of chicken followed by ham then the cheese strips.
- Roll lumpia wrapper halfway, fold both ends, now fully roll and wet the end of flap with water to seal.
- Repeat process with the rest and keep aside.
- Dilute the flour with water just enough to form a sauce like batter.
- Heat generous amount of oil in a wok.
- Now dip each roll in the wrapping batter then roll in the bowl of breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
- Deep fry at medium to low heat for 2-3 minutes or until it turns to golden brown.
- To make the roux heat butter in a pan using low heat, stir in the cornstarch until it forms into a lump.
- Turn off heat. Set aside
- In a separate sauce pan heat the milk until it start to boil.
- Add in the roux to heated milk and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes stirring occasionally until sauce thickens. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Serve in slices with Bechamel sauce dip. Enjoy!
Credits to: overseaspinoycooking.com