- 4 tbsps. of coconut oil
- 2 tbsps. of finely minced garlic
- 2 tbsps. of finely minced ginger
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps. of finely minced lemongrass
- 1 finely chopped bird’s eye chili (labuyo)
- 1 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 6 c. of cold cooked rice
- salt, to taste
- crisp onion slices and chopped scallion (optional)
- ham slice into small squares (optional)
- green peas (optional)
- Heat the palm oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass, chili and turmeric. Cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to look pasty.
- Add the rice to the pan.
- Stir and toss until the rice is heated through and every grain is coated with the spicy yellow paste.
- Add in ham and green peas and birds eye chili.
- Season with salt. Stir to blend until green peas is cooked.
- Ladle the rice into bowls or plates and sprinkle with crisp onion slices and scallions.
Credits to: casaveneracion.com