- 1 pound hamburger, 20% fat (this is the perfect fat content so no substitutions!)
- 1 egg ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs or gluten free Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½. tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2-3 Tbsp. ice water,
- optional Seasoning salt or kosher salt for grilling
- pineapple and assorted hamburger condiments.
- Gently combine all ingredients with your fingers just until they are mixed. Over mixing will destroy the tenderness.
- To form the patties, take the lid to a gallon jar or use mason jar ring.
- Line it with plastic wrap so it overhangs the edges.
- Place this on a kitchen scale and zero it.
- Then add the amount of meat you want to use gently press the meat flat.
- Press an indentation into the middle of the patty. This will help your burger cookout flat.
- Set the burger / plastic wrap aside and keep using the lid and new wrap until you have the number of burgers you want.
- Start with a clean, oiled grill and grill several minutes on the first side before flipping for about two additional minutes. Salt patties as you go with seasoning salt or kosher salt.
- Add cheese about two minutes before the burgers are done on the second side. Note: All grilling times depend on the heat and even cooking of your grill.
Credits to: mirlandraskitchen.com