Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- One 14 oz (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 teaspoon salt
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the browned chicken, tomato, coconut milk and pineapple. Stir and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce or salt.
Serve with steamed rice.
Credits to: salu-salo.com