- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1/2 kilo pusit (squid), cleaned
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- patis (fish sauce) and pepper
TIP: How to tell if squid is fresh? the skin should be shiny and patters still intact (sometimes still moving), as well as the body parts. Before cooking, remove the cartilage inside (it’s a strand of thin transparent plastic-like like membrane that works like the backbone of squids) and the sharp teeth in their mouth right in the middle of their tentacles. Just push them out like a toothpaste and they’ll come out easily.
- Heat oil on a skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion.
- Add cleaned squids. Add patis and pepper to taste. Saute for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add water and vinegar. Do not stir. Lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until squid is done.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Note: Do not overcook the squids. The meat can get tough.
Credits to: lutonilola.net