Servings: 12 mini donuts
- 1 cup (125g) @ottos_cassava_flour*
- 1/3 cup (65g) coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk of choice
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain yogurt of choice
- 2 TBL (30g) ghee or butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 TBL ghee or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat donut maker and grease lightly with coconut oil For donuts: Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg, milk, and yogurt together until smooth. Add the melted ghee and vanilla, whisking until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon the batter into the donut cavities—It’s best if you use a large zipped-top bag for ease. Cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and pipe the batter into each donut cup, filling it all the way full. Bake the donuts for 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip them with the tool provided in the donut maker box, close the lid and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Let cool on the rack until you can handle them. (If baking in the oven, spoon into a donut pan and bake donuts at 350F for 9-10 minutes. )
- Melt the ghee and maple syrup in the microwave or a small saucepan.
- Combine combine with the sifted powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Let sit for about 10 minutes to thicken.
When the donuts are COMPLETELY cooled, dunk well into the glaze and let set on parchment paper. Enjoy!
Credits to: ottosnaturals.com