Dive into the creamy coconut and ginger flavor of this fragrant rice! Yummy!
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai jasmine rice or basmati rice or other long grain rice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced gingerroot
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- If using jasmine rice, rinse under cold running water until water runs clear. Let drain. Set aside.
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic, onion and gingerroot, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in coconut milk and 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) water; bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. With fork, stir in salt.
Credits to: cbc.ca/bestrecipes