- 1 1/2 pounds vanilla-flavored candy coating*
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (options: extract flavorings like vanilla)
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) whole almonds, toasted** or any fave nuts you like.
- MELT candy coating, sweetened condensed milk and salt in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract, then almonds.
- SPREAD evenly into wax paper-lined 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- TURN onto cutting board. Peel off paper; cut into triangles or squares. Store leftovers tightly covered at room temperature.
- COMBINE candy coating, sweetened condensed milk and salt in 2-quart glass measure.
- Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 3 to 5 minutes, stirring after each 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth. Proceed as above. Also called confectioner’s’ coating.
- To toast almonds, spread in single layer in heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from skillet immediately. Cool before using.
Credits to: eaglebrand.com