Practice cooking chicken lollipops today, so when you have a house party, it will be easy breezy to cook it and no hassle!
1 kilo of chicken wings
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of breadcrumbs
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
salt and pepper
vegetable oil for deep frying
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken wing in half at the joint between the drumstick and the wing.
- Separate them and set the wing portion aside. Make a circular cut , separating the meat from the bone, around the top of the drumstick. It should be about an inch or so from the top. Push the flesh down to the bottom. Then pick the drumstick up and pull the skin over of the meat. This should be done in a downward motion using the tips of your fingers. Set it aside.
- Pick up the wing portion. Cut the smallest part of the wing tip off. There are two bones in the wing which form a v shape. Make a cut between the bones. Pull the flesh away from the smaller bone, pull the bone out, and discard it. As you did with the drumstick, make a circular cut at the top of the bone, push the meat down towards the bottom, and pull the skin over the meat. Set it aside with the drumstick.
- Repeat this process for the remaining wings, and set them aside on a plate
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss the chicken a few times to make sure it is fully covered with the seasoning.
Place the all purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Season it with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix until it’s well combined.
- Add the egg whites to a second bowl, and the bread crumbs to a third bowl.
Dredge the chicken lollipops in the flour, egg whites, and breadcrumbs, in that order. Make sure that they are fully covered with each mixture.
- Place the vegetable oil into a deep pot. Heat it to about 350 degrees F. Once the oil reaches temperature, back the heat off to low.
- Place the chicken lollipops in and fry them, in batches, for about 8 to 10 minutes or until they’re golden brown. Set them aside on a plate.
Serve you chicken lollipops up with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Credits to: cooknshare.com