- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (depending on how tangy you like your dressing)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup light olive oil OR 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil and 2/3 cup grapeseed oil (extra virgin is much too strong in taste to use on it’s own)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 to ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Place egg, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic in a food processor or blender. Blend well, then slowly add in the oil while blender or processor is on a lower speed.
- Once the oil is blended in, transfer the dressing to a bowl and mix in the parsley (this will neutralize the garlicky aftertaste of the dressing). Mix in the grated Parmesan. If you want the dressing thicker, add a little more. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Dressing is best when chilled in the fridge for at least one hour – this gives time for the flavors to go through.
- If there is extra dressing, it can be stored for later use. This dressing keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Seasoning salt, fresh cracked pepper, and dried garlic granules to taste
Warm the oil and butter in a large pan (you can use less oil and butter, but they will not brown as nicely).
- When butter is melted add the cubed bread to the pan and fry over medium-high heat. Add seasoning salt, fresh cracked pepper, and dried garlic to taste.
- Once the bread is browned, turn off the heat and leave the croutons in the pan to cool and continue drying.
- Croutons are best when made fresh, but can be prepared ahead of time and stored in an airtight container until ready to toss with the salad.
Optional: Add chicken & Bacon
- 1-2 heads of crisp romaine lettuce
- fresh grated Parmesan to taste
- Chop the lettuce and soak in a large bowl of water for a few minutes
- Drain the water, then roll the lettuce in a clean dish towel to soak up the remaining water. Keep the lettuce in the towel and place in the fridge to keep chilled until you are ready to toss and serve the salad.
- Mix with the croutons and dressing just prior to serving (if it sits too long before serving the lettuce will go soggy). Sprinkle in extra Parmesan to taste and more salt and pepper if desired.
Credits to: flowingfree.org