- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), softened as directed on package
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) coarsely chopped fat-free imitation crabmeat
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 package (4 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Gently unfold crust onto Pastry Mat; roll to an 11 1/2-inch circle. Press into bottom and up sides of Tart Pan. Prick bottom of crust. Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Meanwhile, in Classic Batter Bowl, toss crabmeat, 1/2 cup of the Swiss cheese and green onions with flour; spread over bottom of crust.
- Place milk and cream cheese in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes, whisking after each 30-second interval, until smooth. Whisk eggs in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk in cheese mixture and salt until blended. Pour egg mixture evenly over crabmeat mixture in crust.
- Bake in 350ºF oven 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Let stand 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Total Fat: 23g
Saturated Fat: 12g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 meat, 3 fat (1 1/2 carb)
Variation: Ham & Broccoli Quiche: Substitute coarsely chopped baked ham for the crabmeat, shredded cheddar cheese for the Swiss cheese and chopped broccoli for the green onions.
Credits to: pamperedchef.com