Egg Salad Sandwich? Who hasn’t had themselves an egg salad sandwich sometime in their life? The thing about this recipe is that the sandwiches is that they can be really bad or really good. You’ve probably had a terrible one before (think about those ones they sell in triangles containers at gas stations) and some really good ones too (think about the ones your mom made when you’re small). This version is a really classic, easy recipe, and it’s the same kind that most people make.
- 4 Hard-Boiled Eggs (cool them, peel them and then chop them up!)
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise or Light Mayo
- 2 tablespoons celery (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onion (any kind, finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Any bread of your choice, white toast works great!
- Take your chopped egg, celery and onion and put them in a bowl…be gentle, you don’t wanna mash up the yolks.
- Grab another bowl and mix together the mayo, lemon juice and mustard.
- Add the eggs, celery and onion to the bowl with the mayo.
- Mix to combine.
- Sneak a taste.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking!
- Throw some plastic wrap over the bowl and let your egg salad kick it in the fridge for about an hour. Egg salad taste wayyyyy better when it’s cold, and actually tastes kind of gross when it’s warm…so just be patient and make sure you do this.
Snag your bread and get ready any vegetables you want on your sandwich if you like some crunch. Some iceberg lettuce would be a good choice or some thinly sliced cucumber. Grab that egg salad and throw on as much as you like. You can toast the bread or not, both will taste awesome with the egg salad. And, if you are trying to get down with that low carb, you can just make a simple salad lettuce and tomatoes and use the egg for your protein.
Credits to: bestsandwichrecipes.blogspot.com